Discover the feeling of flying above water
Wing foil is the art of walking on water using a board with a foil and an inflatable wing, which is directed with the hands. With the help of the wind, the practitioner gains speed and the foil, mounted under the board, lifts the set out of the water, giving the athlete the feeling that he is “flying” over the water.
WingFoil can be practiced initially with a SUP Stand Up Paddle for a calmer, more familiar approach. In a second phase, and to feel the real adrenaline of the sport, using a board with a foil allows you to reduce the friction of the board in the water, thus taking full advantage of the use of the wing.
Our wing foil classes are given to only one person at a time and their content is dependent on the practitioner’s knowledge and training and weather conditions (if there is wind). Usually in the first class the practitioner learns some theoretical concepts, namely wind and equipment use. There is a practice of mastering the wing, on the beach and, if the conditions allow it and the instructor considers that the practitioner is prepared, he can have a little experience with the wing on a SUP board.
Initiation to wing foil:
- Knowing how to assemble and disassemble the Wing and the Foil;
- Having the main notions of safety rules, how the wind works, aerodynamics;
- Meteorology and its characteristics and conditions;
- Initiation to the foil board with a lot of fluctuation;
- Knowing how to position the body and the board for the first starts;
- Learning to sail with the wing on a board without foil
- Learn to sail with hydrofoil and wing.
- Know the navigation rules and priorities inside and outside the water;
- First edges in both directions initiate the first directional turns;
- Knowing the Safety Rules when using a foil board, knowing how to avoid accidents in and out of the water;
- Knowing how to choose the ideal equipment and conditions for sailing.
All material, monitoring by instructor and accident insurance for participants.